If you haven’t been living beneath a rock for the past decade, the term “superfood” has probably floated across your radar already. These foods offer your body a whole host of nutrients as well as other benefits that help you become happier and healthier. While there are a whole host of superfoods out there, there are a handful which you should implement in your diet in the near future if you want to feel your best. Some of these include:
- Chia Seeds. These are often seen as a major organic key to fighting high blood pressure and cholesterol, and have a variety of fatty acids that improve brain function throughout the day. Using them in a green smoothie is the best way to get them into your daily diet.
- Banana Flour. While it may not be green in color, this flour is certainly a sustainable, healthy source of nutrients. The flour itself is highly absorbent, meaning you won’t need to use a huge amount, and has been linked to preventing colon cancer.
- Quinoa. This tiny grain is packed with protein, and is the only known grain that’s able to provide the human body with all the amino acids it’s unable to create by itself.
- Kale. Fiber, calcium and iron are just a few of the nutritional pluses that this amazing green has to offer when you use it in a meal or snack.
- Green tea. There are, of course, several different types of green tea, but each is made of all-natural herbs and has some serious health benefits depending on how you mix and match them.
- Broccoli. This old side-dish standby boasts disease-fighting compounds and a huge number of vitamins and minerals, can reduce the risk of heart disease and much more.
- Spinach. This is a simple addition to any diet, but this delicious little plant provides your body with antioxidants, acts as an anti-inflammatory and promotes vision and bone health in the same bite.
Adding these superfoods to your diet can help you make the most of your nutrition and make your body happy and healthy.